Summer is full of opportunities to play and learn! We know summer might look a little different this year, but Camp PBS KIDS is here to fill your days with creativity, exploration and fun for the whole family. Explore ideas, tips and activities around different themes with your favorite PBS KIDS characters!
- PBS KIDS Summer Bucket List
- PBS KIDS Summer Reading List
- PBS KIDS Summer Activity Book
Tips to get children excited about learning each week
- Ask lots of questions. Encourage your kids to participate in conversations by asking them questions like: Why do you think that happened? What will happen next?
- Encourage kids to search for answers. When your children ask you “why?” see if you can work together to figure out what they need to know or do to find the answer.
- Try something new. Summer is a great time to try new things like reading a new kind of book, tasting a new food or exploring a new park.
- Just have fun. Summertime comes along only once a year, so make sure to have fun while you’re learning.
- PBS Kids Read!
- Blast Off Into Space!
- Get Creative With The Arts!
- Dive Into Dinosaurs!
- DIY Upcycling Activities Around the House!
- All About Animals
- Embrace Kindness
Each Theme Offers
- Television Series related to each
- Questions to engage with the series
- Related articles
- Hands-on Activities
- Coloring Pages Printables
- Related Games and Apps